Yamabiko Europe is a Belgian company and is a member of Yamabiko. Based in Japan, Yamabiko is a global company with major markets in Japan and the Americas and a growing business presence in Europe, Asia, and other countries. Yamabiko manufactures and sells Outdoor Power Equipment, Agricultural machinery and Industrial machinery. Yamabiko is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. More information can be found at www.yamabiko-corp.co.jp/english/.
Yamabiko Europe (YE) has two business activities:
• Robotic mowers and golf ball pickers: YE is the world leader in commercial-scale automatic lawn mowers for large areas: we design, manufacture and sell robot mowers for turf areas up to 30,000 m2 and automatic ball pickers that collect golf balls on practices.
Belrobotics and ECHO Robotics robots are currently used across Europe to maintain sports facilities (football, rugby, golf courses), private gardens and large open spaces. More information can be found at www.belrobotics.com and www.echorobotics.com. As a full-fledged Yamabiko Group company, we are intensifying our reach in Europe, and starting distributing our products and applications in North America, Japan and selected countries in the rest of the world.
• Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE): YE is the full-pledged distributor of ECHO and SHINDAIWA products across Europe, Africa and Middle East, taking responsibility for sales and profits. OPE products include chain saws for limbing, felling, and pruning trees: trimmers and brushcutters for grass cutting, mowing and clearing, and power blowers for blowing, collecting, and shredding leaves and debris.
In order to grow further and better serve his customers, YE is looking for a Technical Support Engineer for our OPE department.
After acquiring a solid understanding of our OPE products, your role will be:
- Arrangement of the technical trainings and support for our distributors, dealers & end-users
- Organization of technical trainings at headquarters/onsite & road shows
- Briefing, coaching service & aftersales staff of distributors to improve service and sales effectiveness & efficiency across the whole distribution channel
- Organization of most appropriate strategies to promote services through distribution channels (distributor> dealers or major accounts) such as open-door events, trade shows, etc.
- Collection of quality issues or defect information from the market and determine the cause to improve the product if needed
- Collection of requirements from the market for future developments
- Organization/improvement & maintenance of sales & service portal for better information provision. Coaching distributors for proper usage of the portal.
You have a College or a University Degree, and you have hands-on experience with technical equipment.
- A previous experience in Outdoor Power Equipment business is preferable
- You are service minded and operate in a structured and disciplined way
- You are stress tolerant
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Practice of other European languages is a plus
- You have a good technical understanding of engines, electric motors & battery technology
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Experience with electronic spare parts platforms & good understanding of their structure
- You can inform and provide feedback in a clear way
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time (maximum)
You will work at YE, which is located in Wavre, 25 km south east of Brussels in a truly international environment. This position requires frequent travel abroad.
- An open and nice working atmosphere with colleagues working at a high level of expertise, striving altogether to achieve ambitious objectives.
- A permanent employment contract with a competitive salary package and fringe benefits.
- Possibility to telework certain days a week
If you are interested in this challenging job opportunity we ask you to send your application to Sylvie Gérard, Business Operations Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head hunters, please, abstain.